Accra, Ghana – An intended new residence of the Nigerian High Commission to Ghana located in Osu-Accra, Ghana was invaded by armed men on Friday night.
It is reported that they broke through the locked gates with bulldozers and pulled down parts of the building which is still undergoing construction.
Reports from the Citi News team that went to the location on Saturday says that there was palpable evidence of forceful entry with vehicle tyre marks on the ground, indicating that heavy-duty vehicles had been there.
It is a one-storey building which is supposed to house the commission’s staff and stranded Nigerians in Ghana, upon completion.
Emmanuel Nartey, the security guard who was on duty at the time gave eyewitness account of the incidence.
The Acting Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, whose official residence shares a fence with the demolished building was also a witness to the bizarre situation. But Citi News says she was unavailable for comments upon their visit.
Some Nigerian residents who turned up on Saturday morning at the seen after the Friday evening spectacle were visibly unhappy. Attempts to reach Ghana Police Service for comments has proven futile thus far.
Random African loves writing about the African continent. He is consistently in touch with happenings in every part of the continent and derives joy from providing fresh and crisp information for his audience.