President Akufo-Addo on Thursday, 21st January 2021 released a list of ministers and regional ministers-designate who when approved by parliament are going to serve in his second term.
However some ministers who served at various ministries in president Akufo-Addo’s first term will no longer be part of his new administration.
This was confirmed by the list of minister-nominees released by the presidency on Thursday.
After the president was sworn into office for his second term, he decided to reduce the number of his ministers from 126 to 85 in response to long-standing criticism.
Due to this, some ministries in his first term have been realigned while seven other ministries have been completely scrapped.
The January 21 list from the presidency shows the president has nominated 46 persons.
Below are the ministers completely scrapped and will not be returning to their offices in AKufo-Addo’s second term
1. Gloria Akuffo – Attorney General and Minister for Justice
2. Halima Mahama – Local Government
3. Kwaku Asomah Cheremeh – Lands and Natural Resources
4. Atta Akyea – Works and Housing
5. Elizabeth Afoley Quaye – Fisheries
6. Cynthia Morrison – Gender, Children and Social Protection
7. Kofi Dzamesi – Chieftaincy and Religious Affairs
8. Isaac Kwame Asiamah – Youth and Sports
9. Anthony Akoto Osei – Monitoring and Evaluation
10. Dr Mustapha Hamid – Zongo Affairs and Inner City Development
11. Barbara Oteng Gyasi – Tourism
12. Joe Ghartey – Railway Development
13. Kofi Adda – Aviation
14. Prof Frimpong Boateng – Environment, Science and Technology
15. Prof Gyan Baffuor – Planning
16. Yaw Osafo-Maafo – Senior Minister
17. Kwamena Duncan – Central Regional Minister
Mustapha is an accomplished, results-driven and enthusiastic content writer offering a solid background in freelance guest-writing, content creation as well as news and content research.